HI, I am Rohit Gala. Before I started writing this article I also used to think that the Red Wine is an alcohol. But, after I got deep into this research I understood that this alcohol drink can also be a positive drink for your life if you take in the correct manner & time with the exact quantity which is mentioned for you.
The wine is said to be the oldest of all alcoholic drinks which is said to be discovered somewhere near to 6000BC, principally in Georgia. Then it was carried to all the European nations & different kinds of wines were then formed.
It is also said that the first scrip with regards to wine making it is the Egyptians who left a detailed legacy of how wine was produced & this was showed in their tomb painting.
Benefits of “Red Wine”:
1. Antioxidants found in the skin of red wine grapes can have beneficial effects in women in the case of cancer.
2. Red wines can help prevent some cancers and heart disease, while also reducing inflammations caused by arthritis.
3. Studies have shown women who drink one to two glasses of wine daily have 5 to 8 percent denser bones, preventing injuries.
4. According to a study, red wine does not suppress the immune system like other alcoholic beverages.
5. Studies have found that those who drank the red wine had a normal level of immunity, the same as that of the non-drinking persons.
6. Red Wine lower total cholesterol and blood pressure, lessen risks of cancer, stimulate the immune system, and have anti-bacterial properties.
7. Red Wine is a naturally occurring antioxidant too that decreases the stickiness of blood platelets and helps blood vessels remain open and flexible.
8. It is said that it inhibits the enzymes that can stimulate cancer-cell growth and suppress immune response.
9. In another test, resveratrol was shown to inhibit both the acute and chronic phases of inflammation (yet again the immune system).
10. As resveratrol is majorly present in the skin of the grape, so to make the red wine majority of the grape skin is used.
11. Resveratrol present in the red wine which is also known as phytoestrogen is known to inhibit tumors in the breast and uterus.
12. A brief calculation: a glass of red wine provides approximately 640 mcg of resveratrol, while a handful of peanuts provide about 73 mcg.
13. In a study, scientists tested for the presence of Helicobacter pylori, which causes ulcer infections. Compared to non-drinkers, those who had one glass of wine a day had 7% fewer of these bacteria. Those who drink two glasses a day had 18%, and those who drank 3 or more glasses had 1/3 fewer bacteria.
14. Wine does have a calming influence. The fact that a dinner is accompanied by a red wine drink which helps the body relax and unwind can help the mental transition between work and relaxation.
15. The lowest mortality rates are amongst those who regularly consume one or two drinks a day. According to studies, teetotalers have higher rates of mortality, while the mortality rate rises rapidly amongst those who drink three or more drinks a day.
16. Alcohol protects the heart mainly because it acts on blood platelets to prevent clotting. It also prevents the arteries from getting blocked.
17. The chemical, Res, is originally found in the red grapes that are used to make red wine. Res is also found in mulberries and raspberries, amongst other fruits and nuts. Laboratory experiments have shown that Res promotes the death of cancer cells. The polyphenol compounds in grapes also serve as an antioxidant.
18. In order to help the body absorb the wine more quickly and easily into your system, it makes sense to exercise before taking a glass of wine. This speeds up circulation.
19. Occasional drinkers (those who consume around 3-4 drinks a week) had the lowest risk of contracting breast cancer.
20. Red wine contains polyphenols which reduces the risks of food poisoning. These antioxidants are found in grape skin and will help clean the body from toxins.
21. RED WINE can create "illusion" of healthy skin, perhaps by the pinkish "glow" observed in some people after consumption.
22. Red wine helps prevent the possibility of various neuro-degenerative illnesses and diseases.
23. Red wine helps reduce the harmful effects of food poisoning. The properties in red wine can help cleanse the body from toxins. Aside from preventing food poisoning, it can also help the person to avoid varying levels of dysentery and acquiring diarrhea.
24. Red wine can cure and prevent various gum diseases. Caused by inflamed muscles in the gums and weakened tooth, gum disease is a common mouth problem to some people especially to smokers. Experts advise people who suffer from gum diseases to drink red wine because the polyphenols in it can reduce the presence of free radicals that causes the infection and bacteria inside the mouth.
25. Red wine can serve as blood thinners for people with high blood pressure because it contains blood pressure lowering-substances and compounds.
26. Thousands of polyphenol can prevent the damages brought by cell oxidation process and results to healthy and young looking skin.
Direct Benefits on Diseases:
1. Reduced risk of death from nearly all causes: European researchers suggest that moderate daily intake of red wine (22-32 g of alcohol) has a protective effect on all-cause mortality. According to studies, moderate consumption of wine is more beneficial than that of beer or spirits.
2. Smoking: Acute smoking significantly impairs vessels' natural ability to relax, or vasodilate. Red wine, with or without alcohol, decreases the harmful effect of smoking on the endothelium - layer of cells that provide a friction-reducing lining in lymph vessels, blood vessels, and the heart.
3. Heart disease: One of the well-known and most studied benefits of red wine is its heart protective effect. Moderate consumption of red wine on a regular basis may be a preventative against coronary heart disease. Scientists believe the red wine reduces the risk of coronary heart disease by reducing production of low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and boosting high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
4. Blood clots: Red wine produces clotting cells, or antithrombotic, action. Light to moderate consumers of wine have lower levels of protein fibrinogen which promotes blood clot formation.
5. Atherosclerosis: Red wine may prevent the initiation and progression of atherosclerosis (hardening or "furring" of the arteries). Atherosclerosis starts when blood vessels begin to lose their ability to relax. Both the alcohol and polyphenols in the red wine appear to favorably maintain healthy blood vessels by promoting the formation of nitric oxide (NO), the key chemical relaxing factor that plays an important role in the regulation of vascular tone.
6. Hypertension: Excessive alcohol consumption is generally considered a risk factor for hypertension. However, there is some evidence of favorable effects of red wine on blood pressure. Two glasses of red wine (250 ml), taken together with the meal, lower post-meal blood pressure in hypertensive persons.
7. Kidney stones: Red wine intake reduces the risk of kidney stone formation.
8. Alzheimer's disease: Moderate wine drinking correlates with a lower risk for Alzheimer's disease. Researchers found that resveratrol, a red wine polyphenol, produces neuroprotective effects.
So these are the benefits & precaution that you need to take while you take in red wine. Just simple things which you need to take care of while drinking this are:
1. You should have it slowly.
2. It is better to have this drink with your dinner.
3. A male should consume only two glass of wine daily & a female should consume only one wine per day.
4. Most important is not to consume wine quickly because that will lead to headache & migraine.
5. If more than the specified quantity is consumed daily then it may also lead to decay in the bones of both males & females.
About the Author: Rohit Gala Is Passionate about helping people till people are finally happy & that is why he has joined this counseling course to know people & solve their problems faster. He also likes playing games like Shot- put, javelin throw & Chess. He is a BMS Graduate in finance.