Hello everyone, I am Ruby Agarwal and this is my article on the benefits of peach.
Peach is a fruit native to china, but cultivated in almost all the countries with a cool climate.
Peaches [Prunus persica (L.) Batsch] belong to rosaceae family.
Peaches are rich sources of minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates. It is considered to be the bomb of antioxidants.
They have an outer skin that is reddish-yellow in color, while the flesh is either white or yellow. Peaches that have a white flesh are usually very sweet and have very little acidity.
However, the yellow-fleshed ones typically have an acidic tang, coupled with sweetness.
Peaches are one of the best-selling fruits in the United States.
Peaches are juicy, sweet and delicious. Peaches are best eaten fresh, but they are also frozen, canned and used in a variety of ways such as jam, jelly, brandy, juice and baby food.
The composition of peaches endows them with many health benefits. Let us now discuss some of them:
1. Nutritional Value of peach: Per 100 gm: Vitamin A : 880 I.U. Vitamin B : Thiamine .02 mg.; Riboflavin : .05 mg.; Niacin : .9 mg. Vitamin C : 8 mg. Calcium : 8 mg. Iron : .6 mg. Phosphorus : 22 mg. Potassium : 310 mg. Fat : .1 gm. Carbohydrates : 12 gm. Protein : .5 gm. Calories : 46
2. Peaches are recommended for acute, infectious diseases.
3. Peaches are used in abdominal colic and rheumatism pains. As tea they are recommended in convulsive cough.
4. Peach is the aliment recommended for convalescence, for those who are in advanced states of fatigue or depressive states.
5. Due to the fact that they contain phosphorus, peaches are recommended in neurosis, protecting the nervous cells.
6. Vitamin A, B1 and B2 are irreplaceable for the balance of the nervous system; they achieve the synthesis of hemoglobin, maintain magnesium in the body and strengthen the natural immunity.
7. Peaches eaten in the morning instead of breakfast regulate intestinal and hepatic functions, maintain the alkalinization of blood, and favor digestion and nutrition. They are also Helpful in the removal of worms from the intestinal tract.
8. The regular consumption of peaches is recommended to those with urinary Lithia sis as well as for those who want to increase their urinary debit.
9. Peaches comprise of more than 80 percent water and are a good source of dietary fiber, making them good for those trying to lose weight. In the peel of a very ripe peach, at least 10 enigmatic elements exist which activate some substances which destroy the fat layers, this is why peach diets are effective.
10.Peaches help make the skin healthy and also add color to the complexion.
11.Being rich in Vitamin A, peaches might help prevent cancer in organs and glands with epithelial tissue.
12.Consumption of peaches, on a regular basis, can keep your bowel movements regular and even prevent straining.
13.Researches have suggested that peaches have good to excellent antioxidant activity, some antimicrobial activity and good to excellent tumor growth inhibition activity. It is considered to be the Bomb of Antioxidants.
14.Peaches have a small laxative effect and a powerful diuretic effect and thus, are recommended to people suffering from rheumatism and gout.
15.Peach flowers have sedative proprieties and are good for children who are restless, especially when boiled in water with sugar and honey.
16.Beta carotene fights diseases due to damage by free radicals, like cancer, heart diseases, arthritis and those related to aging. It is also responsible for good eyesight and formation of the mucous membrane of the urinary, digestive and respiratory tracts.
17.Vitamin C, another important antioxidant, boosts immunity and production of collagen, which in turn is a protein needed for healthy teeth and gums, bones, skin and cartilage. 100 gm or two peaches provide the daily requirement of vitamin C.
18.Peaches fight stress and promote sleep.
19.Peach tea cleanses the kidneys and eliminates toxins.
20.Peaches have been found to be beneficial for individuals suffering from the following ailments:
•High blood pressure
•Gastritis (inflammation of the stomach)
•Nephritis (inflammation of the kidneys)
•Acidosis (deficiency of alkalinity in the body)
•Bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial tubes)
•Bladder and kidney stones.
Peaches can be soaked, cooked or pureed. They are used in salads or mixed with vegetables.
Cooking or canning destroys 80% of the vitamin C. Moreover, canning increases calories as sugar syrup is added.
Dried peaches should be avoided, as sulphur is added in the process.
The darker the colour of a peach, the more vitamin A it has.
The fruit is recommended for consumption along with its peel (after being rinsed with water)
So, all the people out there who want to look good and stay healthy should eat at least one peach a day.
It can be consumed in different ways. Juice can be prepared from it. You can add a slice of peach to a bowl of cereal to enhance the flavour and nutritional value.
For all the ladies out there, you can even prepare a mask out of it. Delicious fruits can benefit your skin. I think you should seriously consider smearing peaches on your face. I do the same because after finding out its benefits I could not resist it.
This small fruit can do wonders for you. All the best !
Author Brief Bio: Ruby Agarwal is a psychology graduate, pursuing her MBA in Human Resource Management. She is also doing her Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Guidance. She practices Pranic Healing and is working with a few NGO’s, highly creative, loves travelling, reading and a guitar player.