Hello everyone, I am Sonia Sharma and here I am with my article on the benefits of orange.
I sincerely hope you find this article very interesting and helpful.
Oranges are loved by people but some are not very much attracted to it. We all know orange is abundant source of vitamin C but that’s not enough! Here I have compiled this collection of benefits of orange to make aware about the wonders of orange.
The objective of this article is to help you know about the benefits of eating orange and how it helps in curing common diseases in our daily life.
Orange is a beautiful gift of nature. It is one of the most popular fruits of citrus family. It is a very delicious and nourishing fruit.
Orange is a native of China, introduced in India by Vasco-da-Gama in 1498.
Orange is anti-scorbutic, nutritive, cardio-tonic, anti-pyorrhea and dental caries, carminative etc. Hence it is a boon to the human body whether eaten or taken in the form of juice.
Now, let us look at the different benefits of eating orange.
1. Orange is a big source of many nutrients – On an average a large orange contains 86 calories, with no fat, cholesterol or sodium. The carbohydrate content is 22 mg with just 4 gm of fiber. There are 17gm of sugars and 2gm of protein and 163 percent of vitamin.
2. Orange is good for bones and teeth - Being a good source of calcium and vitamin C, orange works well in the diseases of bones and teeth. Many patients of pyorrhea and dental caries have been cured by taking a large amount of orange juice.
3.Orange is good in constipation - Taking one or two oranges at bed time and again on getting up in the morning, is an excellent way of stimulating the bowl action thus removing food residue from the colon which may cause purification and intoxication.
4. Orange is excellent food in all types of fever. It gives energy, and promotes body resistance against infections, thereby helping to recover fast.
5. Orange eases expectorations – The use of orange mixed with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of honey is effective remedy for TB, asthma, common cold, bronchitis and another conditions of cough associated with difficult expectorations.
6. Orange prevents cancer – Orange is rich in a compound called liminoid, which combats cancers of the colon, stomach, breast, lung, skin and mouth.
7. Orange reduces the risk of cardiac problems.
8. Orange gives protection against rheumatoid arthritis.
9. Orange prevents stomach ulcers.
10. Orange, being a good source of fiber, helps by keeping blood sugar levels under control, thus can be a healthy snack for the people with diabetes.
11. Consumption of large quantities of oranges will decrease the output of mucus secretion from the nose.
12. Orange is a good food remedy in chronic dyspepsia. It gives rest to the digestive organ and supplies nutrition in the most easily assimilable form. It also stimulates the flow of digestive juices thereby improving digestion and increasing appetite.
13. The orange peel is valuable in the treatment of pimples and acne. The peel, pounded well with water on a piece of stone, should be applied on the acne-affected area.
14. Daily use of orange juice prevents influenza and bleeding gums.
15. The folic acid present in oranges helps in proper brain development.
16. Orange helps in curing vomiting.
17. Orange is also very useful in low blood pressure.
18. Orange repairs damaged sperms – Regular consumption of orange helps to keep a man’s sperms healthy and can prevent genetic damage in sperms, which cause birth defects in babies.
19. Orange juice is considered to be the best food for infants if 15 to 129 ml of it is given daily to them. It is good for babies whose normal development is retarded for some cause.
20. The daily use of orange keeps one healthy and strong and contributes towards longevity.
I am sure I have been able to put across the amazing benefits of orange.
I would also like to share a very interesting fact, according to feng shui if you grow an orange plant in the South-east direction of your house it brings good fortune and prosperity.
So, here we have a fruit which has the potential to energize you as well as your house.
On this note, I leave you to enjoy the richness and goodness of orange.
Author Brief Bio – Sonia Sharma is a Life Skill Teacher, Tarot Reader, Crystal Therapist, Vaastu Expert and a Reiki Healer. At present she is pursuing a course in Guidance and Counseling.