Hola! Saludos desde Peru ( Hello and greetings from Peru).
I, Donnabelle will be introducing you to the awesome “LIMA BEAN”. This bean is named after the city of Lima,in Peru. It is highly nutritious and is green to creamy white in colour. Initially when I was introduced to this bean I didn’t quite put in on my list of top favorites but after getting to know about its diverse health benefits it immediately got back onto my chart of must haves. With all that said I would like to share some of those benefits with you.
1. Lima beans are a good source of natural antioxidants.
2. They also are a good source of protein.
3. As a good source of magnesium, lima beans help relieve fatigue and thus help to promote the relaxation of muscles, nerves and blood vessels.
4.It is also a great source of Vitamin B
5. Lima beans help in the process of detoxification of sulfites from the blood.
6. Lima beans are rich in dietary fiber.
7. They help stabilize blood sugar levels.
8. Lima beans can also increase our energy by helping to replenish our iron stores.
9.Lima beans also helps reducing the risk of diabetes.
10. It also helps to reduce blood pressure and eliminates cholesterol from body.
11.It has large amounts of protein which is good for muscle build up.
12. Lima beans are also known to contain certain substances that help prevent the normal cell from becoming into cancer cells.
13. It has very little fat which help prevent a person from becoming obese if eaten regularly. This also helps prevent a person from being hungry thus helping in eating less and in return reducing the weight. The Lima bean is ideal to be added to a weight loss program.
14. It helps prevent the formation of complications in the digestive system that include constipation.
15. The lima bean is useful in preventing bone disorders.
16. It helps the kidneys to get rid of toxic wastes.
17. It helps to build healthy red blood cells and so prevent anemia.
18. Lima beans help in the production of collagen which is good for our bones.
19. These beans can help in detoxification and in return help reduce cardiovascular diseases. It helps prevent strokes and heart attacks.
20. It has high levels of copper and as a result it helps reduce arthritis.
So be it boiled and eaten with some lite butter, and salt or cooked in a savory dish, this LITTLE bean is doing your health a BIG favor, as it sure does mine. So the next time you see it don’t forget to get some and treat yourself to some goodness.
Adios! and Buena salud!
Author's Profile: Donnabelle Philips having a BLA in psychology and music is a social worker/lay counselor ,trainer and event coordinator working with women who have been rescued from human trafficking and street children. She is passionate about her work and loves to see people develop and discover their strengths and overcome their weaknesses and focus on positive living. Her quote of Life: We make a living by what we get ,We make a life by what we give