Hi, I am Savio DSilva and welcome to my article on the ‘25 Benefits of Lemon Water’.
This is possibly the largest collection of Lemon Water benefits researched till date.
I sincerely hope you find them useful and consider adding Lemon Water into your daily diet.
I have done considerable research on this topic and have compiled a list of 25 benefits of Lemon Water.
Here they are, presented to you below....
1. Good for Weight Loss: One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. If a person takes lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water and honey, it can reduce the body weight as well.
2. Lemon water helps clean the toxins out of your body. Your skin can't look healthy if your body is holding onto toxins! When you get rid of toxic waste in your system, your skin will show it first! Your skin will be the first thing you notice cause it looks clear and not sallow and full of acne. However, that's not all the benefits that lemons provide for us! (Another healthy way to get rid of toxins that hold onto your fat and cause visceral fat, is by doing a health cleanse!)
3. Controls High Blood Pressure: Lemon water works wonders for people having heart problem, owing to its high potassium content. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea as well as provides relaxation to mind and body. It also reduces mental stress and depression.
4. Maintains the health of the digestive system. Hot lemon water helps to relieve many problems related to digestion. These include heartburn, nausea and parasites. The digestive properties of lemon juice make it important for relieving indigestion problems like heartburn, belching and bloating. Regular intake of lemon water aids the movement of bowels and help in the elimination of waste. It is thus helpful in curing constipation. Lemon water is a liver tonic that helps in the digestion of food by promoting the liver to produce more bile.
5. Lemon is also very good at clarifying your hair to remove hair hair product build up. For those with dark hair, use lemon juice to add golden and red highlights to your hair. For those with blonde hair, use lemon to lighten your blonde color. To do this, simply squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon (or more) into your hair and sit out in the sun for an hour. Shampoo and condition afterward for hair that looks shinier, reflects more highlights, and feels fresh and clean!
6. Excellent for Skin Care. Lemon, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can participate to cure problems related to skin. Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit that enhances your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within and thus bringing a glow on your face. Daily consumption of lemon water can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads. Lemon water if applied on the areas of burns can fade the scars. As lemon is a cooling agent, it reduces the burning sensation on the skin.
7. Aids in Dental Care. Lemon water is used in dental care also. If fresh lemon juice is applied on the areas of toothache, it can assist in getting rid of the pain. The massages of lemon juice on gums can stop gum bleeding. It gives relief from bad smell and other problems related to gums.
8. Helps in curing throat infections. The antibacterial property of lemon makes it useful in curing throat infections such as tonsillitis and sore throat. For sore throat, a mixture of one-half lemon juice and one-half water is used for gargling frequently.
9. Assist in curing Respiratory Disorders: Lemon water assists in curing respiratory problems, along with breathing problems and revives a person suffering from asthma.
10. Because of its high Vitamin C content, it is used to prevent and treat many infections, hasten wound healing, and diminish allergies. Lemon juice also relieves symptoms of asthma, tonsillitis, and sore throats.
11. Lemon is a diuretic. This means that lemon water is especially good for people with urinary tract infections. People with arthritis or rheumatism can benefit from consuming lemons because it helps flush out toxins and bacteria. When lemon is mixed with coffee, it also helps eliminate headaches. (Interesting, caffeine is usually a precursor to headaches. Maybe the lemons cancel out the side effects of the caffeine found in coffee.)
12. When externally applied, lemon juice poured on a cotton ball and gently applied to the nostrils can stop nose bleeds although this may sting a little. When massaged gently into gums, lemon juice can effectively stop bleeding gums. Lemon juice with glycerin is effective when used on the lips to treat chapped lips. Don't apply lemon juice however, if the skin on your lips is cracked. Applied on your skin, lemon juice can also help prevent sunburn. Lemons are a key ingredient in effective liver cleanses.
13. Good for treating Rheumatism. Lemon is also a diuretic and hence lemon water can treat rheumatism and arthritis. It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins out of the body.
14. Reduces Fever. Lemon water can treat a person who is suffering from cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fever by increasing perspiration.
15. Acts as a blood purifier. The diseases like cholera or malaria can be treated with lemon water as it can act as a blood purifier.
16. Takes good care of skin. Lemon is a natural antiseptic and is an excellent medicine that can take care of skin problems. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and is capable of enhancing the beauty of the skin. It helps to rejuvenate the skin from within, thus bringing glow on the face. Daily intake of lemon water acts like an anti aging remedy. It is capable of removing blackheads and wrinkles. Drip a few drops of lemon juice to your acne will prevent more from popping out.
17. Improves Circulation, Lemons increase blood circulation and help to normalize its flow. According to the website Ageless, it improves the body's peripheral circulation, which in turn has a positive effect on the heart.
18. Lemon water is good for the liver. Another important benefit of lemon water is that it strengthens the liver functioning and stimulates it to produce more enzymes essential for different body processes. A well-functioning liver is the key to a healthy body.
19. Treating scurvy. scurvy is a disease of the lips and mouth caused due to the deficiency of vitamin c. its symptoms include cracked lips , bleeding gums, apart from tastelessness and ulcers in the tongue.
20. Curing peptic ulcers. flavanoids present in lime is an important constituent in curing peptic ulcers as they have antioxidant, detoxifying, and anti biotic properties.• Curing urinary disorders: lime contains a large amount of potassium which imparts in it the ability to remove the toxic deposits on the kidney walls. It also eliminates the deposition of calcium in the urinary tract, which may lead to difficulty in urination.• Treats piles: the basic causes of piles include ulcers in the walls of the intestine and rectum, since lime cures these two as mentioned above, it can be concluded that it also cures pikes.
21. Relives congestion. sour throat and congestion can be cured by the use of a strong cup lime water. The presence of kaempferol is the reason for such use, all though it may be quite against the common knowledge that lime can cause flu.
22. Lowers blood cholesterol. the fruit contains pectin which is effective in lowering blood cholesterol.
23. Prevents cataracts. when diluted and administered to the eye it prevents the formation of cataracts and is also known to cure conjunctivitis.
24. Lemons boost the immune system and help fight off infections. A daily dose will help ward off colds, stomach disorders and serious infection. Lemons have strong antibacterial properties. Therefore, they are good in preventing several bacteria-caused illnesses, including the stomach flu.
25. Lemons are an excellent source of antioxidants. Antioxidants rid the body of toxins as well as the free radicals that cause aging.
So, here you have it, the 25 benefits of Lemon Water.
I am pretty sure you are now keen on drinking a glass of warm Lemon Water right now.
However, please consult your family doctor first before adding Lemon Water to your daily diet.
I Savio DSilva am making my way off this article as I feel the need to drink a glass of pure lemon water now.
See you soon. Goodbye!