My name is Rohit Gala & I’m bringing you some of the important, but simple benefits you need to know before you have Kiwifruit.
They are as follows:
Before Knowing the Benefits about this naturally gifted fruit I would like to help you know where this fruit actually came from,
Kiwi fruits have a very recent and interesting history, which deeply reflects their perceived usefulness, appreciation and popularity.
Their scientific name is Actinidia Deliciosa, and they first made their appearance in Southern China, where they were known as Yang Tao (sunny peach) or Mihou Tao (macaque peach): in fact, in China they are still considered the national fruit! As of today, many other species of Actinidia can be found in Japan and Siberia.
As of 2007, the leading producers of kiwifruit are, in order: Italy, New Zealand, Chile, France, Greece, Japan and the USA. Kiwi fruits are also cultivated in China, albeit in smaller amounts, in the regions of the mountainous Yangtze River and Sichuan
Benefits of “KIWI FRUIT”:
1. Kiwi fruits are rich in many Vitamins, flavonoids and minerals. In particular, they contain a high amount of Vitamin C (more than oranges), as much potassium as bananas and a good amount of beta-carotene.
2. If this fruit is given to any child then his citric content will increase by 44% then other child & that citric content will help in maintaining & his Respiratory System.
3. There are other benefits also such as Shortness of breath is reduced by 32%,night time cough by 27%, severe wheeze by 41%, chronic cough by 25%, and runny nose by 28%. All of these benefits are not only due to the Vitamin- C content in the fruit, but also there are other substances which are still not found from this fruit.
4. Those substances which are still not discovered in the fruit help protect our cells from oxidative damage, and are therefore considered very helpful in protecting our DNA from mutations and damage.
5. Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant that has been proven to protect our body from free radicals, dramatically improving the health of individuals who consumed it regularly against all kinds of disease, from cardiovascular problems to cancer and obesity.
6. Vitamin- E is Fat Soluble & helps Vitamin- C in its function.
7. Kiwi fruits contain both these vitamins in high amount, which help protect our body against free radicals from all fronts.
8. The substances found in kiwi are very much helpful in stopping the visibility of the age which appears on the face after certain age.
9. Kiwi is also said to be containing to be having higher amount of Fiber in it which helps in improving diseases such as diabetes, by controlling sugar levels.
10. Kiwi is also tested on the colon cancer patient & results have been found with positive results for Patient as fiber binds to toxic compounds in the colon and helps us expel them.
11. Fiber has also been proven to reduce cholesterol levels, improving the conditions of patients with cardiovascular diseases and lowering the probability of heart attacks.
12. Eating kiwi fruit is clearly a healthy choice, and it is particularly useful in these cases: prevents Asthma, prevents wheezing and coughing, especially in children, protects our DNA from mutations, Provides a healthy amount of antioxidants and vitamins, Helps prevent colon cancer thanks to a high fiber content.
13. Kiwifruit is the most nutrient-rich of the top 26 fruits consumed in the world today.
14. Among the top three low-sodium, high-potassium fruits, kiwifruit ranks number one, having more potassium than a banana or citrus fruits.
15. Scientists also say that if any person is given a single kiwi to eat every day then about 10 to 20 % of his minerals, vitamin-C & dietary fiber is consumed for sure.
16. Unlike other fruits, kiwifruit has an unusually broad complement of nutrients. Most fruits tend to be high in only one or two nutrients, but kiwifruit delivers 8% DV (Daily Value) of folic acid, 8% DV of copper, 8% DV of pantothenic acid, 6% DV of calcium and magnesium, 4% DV of iron and vitamin B6, 2% DV of phosphorus and trace amounts of vitamin A (beta carotene) and other vitamins and minerals.
17. Kiwi is also said to be containing the Antimutagenic compound in it, which helps in stopping the mutation process in the body & which finally helps in curing the cancer.
18. There are other forms also where cancer in a human body can enter: it is while smoking or barbequing which helps the nitrates to enter the body & a process called nitrosation is started. So this process helps in generating gastric or other cancers. Kiwi has been demonstrated to aid in the prevention of nitrosation.
19. Kiwifruit is ranked as having the fourth highest natural antioxidant potential next to the red fruits containing high levels of beta carotene.
20. The green color of the kiwi fruit is also to be said good for our health, because kiwi is the only fruit which contains original green color.
21. Inositol is found in kiwifruit. Recent studies have shown that inositol, because of its function as a precursor of an intracellular second messenger system, can be beneficial in the treatment of depression.
22. Inositol plays a role in intracellular responses to hormones and neurotransmitters. It acts as a second messenger in cell signaling processes.
23. Lutein is known to accumulate in the retina of the eye. This is the disease with which 14 million of the Americans are getting affected which in the future gets into blindness. Recent USDA studies have linked these important compounds to the prevention of this disease with just single fruit consumption every day.
24. Kiwifruit is particularly high in two amino acids: arginine and glutamate. Arginine may help promote an increase in arteriolar dilation, working as a vasodilator and improving blood flow important for heart health.
25. Cardiologists believe the sodium-to-potassium ratio is critical for heart health. That ratio is extremely favorable in kiwifruit.
26. Kiwifruit contains the amino acid arginine, a well-known vasodilator that has been used to treat impotence in men.
27. Kiwifruit contains a wide range of minerals (electrolytes) essential for replenishing those lost during exercise especially in hot environments.
28. In China, a kiwi-based sport drink was designed to overcome athletic training in a hot environment, where large amounts of minerals can be lost in sweat.
29. A 5% addition of carbohydrates to the kiwifruit juice helped to maintain a normal glucose level during exhaustive training.
30. The sports drink which was tested in china on the athletes helped the players to get more energy till the next 2.5 hours of that the players who didn't consume the health sports drink. Rest of all, athletes said it was fragrant, tasty, refreshing and thirst quenching. It appeared to have no negative side effects.
31. Kiwifruit contains a relatively high level of serotonin. Serotonin causes a calming effect in most individuals. This directly helps in solving problems related to stress.
32. Finally, Calorie for calorie, kiwifruit is one of the most nutrient-rich fruits. You get the best balance of nutrients per calorie (the most nutrients for the fewest calories) from kiwifruit, cantaloupe, papaya and lemons.
I suppose this research of mine would surely get you know the fruit quite well with its full utility & usage. I am sure that you will surely include this fruit into your daily diet.
According to the research we should have at least 3 proper meals in a day in proper intervals, & the middle meal should be of just fruits & only fruits.
About the Author: Rohit Gala Is Passionate about helping people till people are finally happy & that is why he has joined this counseling course to know people & solve their problems faster. He also likes playing games like Shot- put, javelin throw & Chess. He is a BMS Graduate in finance.