I, Donnabelle would like to throw some light onto the red juicy and glossy fruit,”The Cranberry”. It is not quite popular in India as yet, but if one knows of its rich beneficial properties it will be on every table. My mom makes sure there are cranberries always in her diet, whether it is dried or fresh in yogurt or in a juice it makes its way to my mom. She has begun to rub off on me and I have begun to acquire the similar taste. Besides being tasty and refreshing there are a number of health benefits. Cranberries are great for low carbers, because they pack a lot of nutrition. It is recommended by some fitness instructors. For anyone with a sweet tooth looking to go on a diet this is the alternative.
So let’s take a look at 20 other benefits.
1. Cranberries are powerful antioxidants with anti-inflammatory effect.
2. They are good for urinary tract infection,
3. These berries can also help ward off health problems like ulcer and gum problems.
4. Cranberries provide relief for asthma patients.
5. They inhibit the oxidation of bad cholesterol.
6. They help in the prevention of the development of kidney stone formation.
7. Cranberries also help prevent peptic ulcer by inhibiting bacteria to certain parts of the stomach.
8. Regular intake can also protect the brain from neurological damage.
9. Cranberries are rich in Vitamin C.
10. These berries have excellent infection fighting properties.
11. Cranberries can inhibit the aggregation of bacteria that cause dental plaque.
12. They can also potentially reduce the risk of heart disease.
13. Cranberries help prevent cancer, especially prostate cancer. It inhibits the growth and spread of breast, colon, lung and other cancerous tumors.
14. Cranberries can reduce the amount of bad cholesterol clogging the walls of our arteries while increasing the level of good cholesterol in our system.
15. Cranberries may prevent tumors from growing rapidly or starting in the first place.
16.These berries can also used to treat ulcer and many digestive complaints.
17. Cranberries are a rich source of dietary fiber. The roughage present in them helps relieve constipation.
18. Cranberry juice is a good source of calcium, it strengthens teeth and bones and prevents osteoporosis.
19.The juice can also decrease the problem of cellulite and improve overall skin health.
20. Cranberries help to combat Herpes Virus and suppress the genital herpes virus.
Cranberries contains zero cholesterol and the total fat composition is only 0.1 gram, which makes it a very low fat, healthy drink. There’s just something about Cranberries. So if you are looking for a way to perk up your day’ Cranberries to the rescue’. I’m sure going to do the same and enjoy the refreshing feeling.
Author's Profile: Donnabelle Philips having a BLA in psychology and music is a social worker/lay counselor ,trainer and event coordinator working with women who have been rescued from human trafficking and street children. She is passionate about her work and loves to see people develop and discover their strengths and overcome their weaknesses and focus on positive living. Her quote of Life: We make a living by what we get ,We make a life by what we give.