Hi, I am Savio DSilva and welcome to my article Ď32 Benefits of Coconut Waterí.
This is the largest collection of coconut water benefits researched and catalogued till date.
I sincerely hope you find them useful and consider drinking at least 1 glass of fresh coconut water a day.
I love fresh coconut water and over the years have realized the many benefits of godís drink for mankind.
I have compiled this collection of benefits of coconut water mainly for those people who at most times are completely ignorant about the wonders of fresh coconut water.
The objective of this article is to help you know about natureís wonderful drink and tempt you to have at least 1 glass of cool coconut water a day.
I have done considerable research on this topic and have compiled a list of 32 real benefits of coconut water.
"Coconut water is the very stuff of Nature, biologically Pure, full of Natural Sugars, Salts and Vitamins to ward off fatigue and is the next wave of energy drinks BUT natural", according to Mortin Satin, Chielf of the United Nation's Food & Agriculture Organization.
Coconut Water is more nutritious than milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol.
Coconut Water is Healthier than Orange Juice - Much lower calories.
Enough of the introduction, now on to the 32 benefits of coconut water....
1. Coconut water is high in nutritional value - On the average 1 cup of coconut water contains about 46 calories and 2 grams of protein. The sodium content is surprisingly high with 252 mg. and so is the fiber at 3 grams. The total fat is exceptionally low at 0.5 grams with 0.4 grams saturated. It contains a full range of B vitamins with the exception of vitamin B6 and B12. There are 6.00 mcg of folic acid and 5.8 mg of vitamin C. Rating the minerals, 1 cup contains 57.6 mg of calcium, 0.7 mg. of iron, 60 mg of magnesium, 600 mg of potassium, and 0.2 mg of zinc.
2. Coconut Water Hydrates the Body - Coconut water is an isotonic solution which replaces the fluids and minerals that the body loses during physical activities. For this reason, many athletes and persons who work out regularly are encouraged to drink coconut water to replace all the minerals and fluid that they lose while working out. Even the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) attest to the benefits of drinking coconut water when it fought for a patent in 2000 to market coconut water as the next big sports drinks.
3. Coconut water strengthens your immune system - Coconut water is known to strengthen the immune system because coconut water is rich in Lauric acid is used to produce Monolaurin body that can fight disease fatty acid derivative. Lauric acid may have anti-bacterial, anti-virus and anti-fungal. Ingredients like that can really help strengthen the immune system of maternal and fetal growth, and so prevent the occurrence of flu infection, HIV, herpes, and others. Therefore, it helps the body fight colds, flus, and other unpleasant illnesses.
4. Coconut Water is much, much better than any Energy Drink - Coconut water contains about 294 mg potassium (at about 294 mg) in a 100 ml glass. That more than double most sports drinks, which have about 117 mg of potassium. Coconut water has about 25 mg of sodium in a similar sized drink, while sports drinks have 41 mg and energy drinks have 200 mg. Coconut water has approximately 5 mg of natural sugars while sports drinks have 20 to 25 mg of altered sugars. Coconut water is very high in Chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg.
5. Coconut Water Kills Intestinal Worms - Drinking coconut water with one teaspoon of olive oil for three days will kill intestinal worms and clear the stomach of worms, which makes for better digestion.
6. Coconut water is great for our Heart - According to researchers, individuals with high blood pressure usually have low potassium levels. Therefore, drinking coconut water on a regular basis can be quite effective at regulating blood pressure due to its high concentration of potassium and lauric acid. Similarly, some recent studies have found that coconut water can help increase HDL (good) cholesterol, which makes it a wonderful natural treatment for maintaining good cardiovascular health.
7. Aids in the quick absorption of drugs and makes their peak concentration into the blood stream easier because of its electrolytic effect.
8. Excellent all natural water to drink while Relaxing, Meditating, Driving, Eating, Running, Aerobics, Working, Skiing, Mountain Biking, Exercising, Body Building, Surfing, Fishing, Snow Boarding, Working Out, Surfing, Physical Activities, or Exertion of any kind.
9. Coconut Water is nature's real medicine - Helps prevent osteoporosis, Promotes bowel movements, Promotes healthy thyroid function, Helps eliminate pinworms, Used in cancer therapy, Helps kill the parasite Giardia Lamblia, Improves digestion, Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body, Helps in gallbladder disease, Helps eliminate Candida yeast infections, Inhibits the growth of mycoplasma, Helps eradicate eczema and more.
10. Coconut water increases your good cholesterol - Coconut water is essentially free of fat and is known as a drink zero cholesterol. Several studies have reported that coconut milk also has a positive effect to increase the level of HDL (High-density lipoprotein), the cholesterol level is good in the body. This can help keep cholesterol levels high.
11. Coconut Water Relieves Urinary Problems - If you consume coconut water on a regular basis it can reduce urinary problems. People who suffer from strangury, polyutra and other urinary ailments drink coconut water to relieve their symptoms.
12. Coconut water is good for people with diabetes - Coconut water is very low in sugars and has 5mg of natural sugars in each coconut. Thus, it makes it a great natural drink for anyone with diabetes to have. It is naturally sweet in taste and does not do anything to increase the blood sugar levels.
13. Coconut Water Breaks up Kidney Stones - People who have kidney problems and are plagued by kidney stones should drink coconut water in addition to taking their medication. Drinking coconut water regularly helps to break up kidney stones making them easier to push out.
14. Coconut Water is Used in Blood Transfusion - Coconut water is almost identical to blood plasma and this makes it easy to use for blood transfusion. In cases of emergency coconut water has been used as an intravenous hydration fluid instead of the standard IV fluid. During World War II many wounded soldiers were saved in the Pacific because of emergency transfusion using coconut water as plasma.
15. Coconut Water is an Antibacterial - Coconut water contains monolaurin, an antiviral, antibacterial and antiprozoal monoglyceride that is used to kill lipid-coated viruses such as HIV, Herpes, cytomegalovirus, flu and various pathogenic bacteria.
16. Coconut Water Controls Vomiting - Coconut water is great at reducing vomiting. People who have typhoid, malaria, fevers or other ailments that are known to induce vomiting drink coconut water to settle the stomach.
17. Coconut Water helps you lose weight faster - For all those people who are trying to lose weight, drinking coconut water would prove quite useful. This is because the drink increases the rate of metabolism, thus aiding weight loss. It is an ideal drink and gives a feeling of fullness especially for a person on a weight loss diet. Coconut water is a natural electrolyte and isotonic beverage which help increase the body's metabolism. Therefore, it can greatly benefit people who are struggling with weight issues.
18. If you are suffering from a hangover, after having too much booze at last night's party, have a glass of coconut water. It will help you feel refreshed and get rid of other hangover symptoms as well.
19. Coconut water proves valuable in the treatment of ascites, a disease that causes swelling in the stomach, due to fluid accumulation. Ascites patients should consume 2-3 glasses of coconut water in a day.
20. Regular consumption of coconut water can help balance the pH levels in the body and keep cancer at bay.
21. Coconut water is rich in natural fiber. You will be amazed to know that through drinking one cup of coconut water, you'll receive over 2.5 grams of fiber. Fiber is what keeps our intestinal health regulated, and adds to colon health.
22. There is a lauric acid found in coconut water that helps the body to flush out toxins. This acid has also been known to help benefit those affected by Leaky Gut Syndrome, a common stomach disorder. Lauric acid has also been known to help women in the stages of menopause.
23. Coconut water helps fight Age Spots, Wrinkles, and Other Skin Problems - Researchers have found that Cytokinins help regulate the cell growth and their divisions. Coconut Water contains these cytokinins and lauric acid which can minimize the aging of skin cells, balance PH levels, and keep the connective tissues strong and hydrated. Therefore, simply applying Coconut Water onto affected skin areas every night before going to bed may help with acne, age spots, wrinkles, stretch marks, cellulite, and eczema.
24. Vitamins in your body which are stored will be carried to your cells where they need to go. It also helps in carrying oxygen around delivering it into cells.
25. Coconut water is good for patients suffering from cholera. Presence of saline and albumen makes it an excellent drink in cholera cases.
26. Used as a blood plasma substitute because it is sterile, does not produce heat, and does not destroy red blood cells and is readily accepted by the body.
27. Coconut water is possibly the best Energy drink available. Abundant in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, Coconut Water makes a wonderful energy drink. In particular, coconut water has less sugar and sodium content compared to most sports drinks, while packing more Potassium, Calcium, and Chloride, which makes it a better choice to rehydrate, replenish and boost the body's energy levels after any strenuous activity or workout. For example, in every 100ml of Coconut Water there is approximately 294mg of potassium, 25mg of sodium, 5mg sugar and 118mg of chloride.
28. Coconut water helps solve Digestive Problems - Coconut Water contains Lauric acid which our body converts into monolaurin. Monolaurin has great antiviral, antiprozoal and antibacterial activity which helps fight against intestinal worms, parasites, lipid-coated viruses and other gastrointestinal tract infections in children and adults. Additionally, the water from coconut may not only act as an antibiotic but it can also rehydrate the body. Therefore, a simple remedy for Intestinal Worms is to mix one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil into a cup of Coconut Water and drink it daily for at least three days. For constipation, diarrhea and other common digestive problems drink one cup of Coconut Water twice daily.
29. Coconut water is good for your skin - Sunburn, heat boils and redness of the skin due to extreme heat can be smoothened by dabbing coconut water on the skin. It gives a very cooling effect and has no side effects. Is your skin too dry? put some coconut water over it with a washcloth. This water adds moisture to the skin and since it is so beneficial in hydration to the whole body, it does the skin well too. Coconut water applied to the body prevents prickly heat and summer boils and is also used for clearing rashes caused by small pox, chicken pox and measles etc.
30. Coconut water helps relieve your tummy upset. A dash of salt and sugar added to tender coconut water helps to relax an upset stomach. It prevents cramping caused to due stomach infection.
31. Coconut water is also recommended for pregnant women since its consumption helps in resolving problems of digestion, constipation and heartburn during pregnancy.
32. The biggest benefit of coconut water is that it is pretty cheap, around Rs.15 or 35 cents for a large coconut full of water. You get a glass of 500 ml filled to the brim with just one coconut. And, you can have it almost any time during the day and feel refreshed and energized with just a few sips of the cool coconut water.
So, here you have it, the 32 amazing and wonderful benefits of coconut water.
I am pretty sure you are now keen on adding coconut water to your daily diet.
And you are born lucky since you can reap the benefits of godís own drink in almost all areas of our country.
I get my drink served chilled at my doorstep every single morning before I do anything else.
I add Coconut water to various juices I love such as pineapple, orange and grape.
I make ice cubes out of pure coconut water and put a few of these coconut water ice cubes into my watermelon juice or iced tea.
Coconut water is truly a miracle tonic available to all of us at a ridiculously cheap price.
And, it tastes so yummy and refreshing especially if you drink it slightly chilled.
I Savio DSilva am making my way off this article as I need to buy a few more coconuts now.
See you soon. Goodbye!