Hello friends! Today I, Neerja am here with my article the benefits of clove. Hope this article may benefit you a lot.
Clove symbolizes dignity.
Cloves are dried unopened flower buds of a clove tree.
Cloves have a warm, sweet, aromatic flavor and have oily blend in it.
The Indian name of clove is Ďlaungí. It is darkish brown in color.
The clove is beautiful and unique in structure. It is one of the prettiest looking spices that I have ever seen.
Cloves are rated high for culinary purposes.
Cloves are used as spices in different cuisines and both in sweet & savory dishes all over the globe.
Cloves are a good source of manganese, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and dietary fiber. It is also a good source of calcium and magnesium. It is also a good source of sodium, iron and carbohydrates.
Cloves were in use since 2000 years in India and China.
Zanzibar is the largest producer of clove. Other than this West Indies, Brazil, Sri Lanka, Madagascar &India are a good producerís o f clove.
Cloves are great stimulants and have great healing powers and curative properties
1. It is a great spice to heal ailments of digestive system.
2. It is stimulator and has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties
3. It is a natural anesthetic due to the presence of eugenol oil in it, hence used in dental medication.
4. The clove oil helps in promoting blood circulation.
5. I t can stimulate the skin when applied directly.
6. It is a great spice to relieve flatulence.
7. It promotes metabolism in the body.
8. The clove is very helpful in relieving vomiting.
9. It is helpful for the diarrhea patients also.
10. It has a unique property to heal scabies and cholera.
11. It is also seen that it is useful in treating malaria too.
12. The clove is used as a medicine in curing tuberculosis.
13. It is a great healer in case of muscle spasm.
14. The clove tea is very useful in healing cold and cough.
15. It is proven that if clove paste is put over a stye it can heal it.
16. It treats the skin problem very effectively.
17. Sores can also be treated by applying and ointment having clove in it.
18. It is used to prepare a natural mosquito repellant and moth repellent.
19. Cloves studded oranges are often used to repel many kinds of insects in tropical climate.
20. The clove also has the property to heal the alcoholics. The sucking of clove can reduce craving of alcohol.
21. It is a very popular herb in ayurvedic treatements for both external and internal applications.
22. Studies have shown to enhance the sexual behavior of male mice due to clove conservation.
23. The chemo preventive prevention of clove helps in lung cancer.
24. It is found to be a potent platelet inhibitor that prevents the blood clots.
25. Clove has the capability to delay and reduce the growth of skin cancer.
26. It is a great healer for curing a person suffering with acidity.
27. Clove oil mixed with sugar is a common remedy used by the mothers for the children to cure the stomachache.
28. Clove boiled in water and consumed ,stops the nausea feeling in pregnant ladies.
29. The clove oil is very effective in relieving the joint pain and the muscular cramps.
30. If clove is mixed with sesame oil and warmed, after cooling if put 2-3 drops in the ear, it heals the ear ache of a person.
31. Itís good news for the teenagers that if the paste of clove and honey is mixed and put over the affected part of the skin, it heals the acne.
32. The left over spots on the skin can also be treated by mixing clove oil with coconut oil.
33. If 6-7 clove buds is boiled with aniseed in water till it remains ľ of the volume and then the concoction is drunk with sugar, it heals the inflammation of mucus membrane.
34. Eating clove with beetle leaf (paan) is best solution for treating catarrh.
35. It is also seen that the consumption of clove helps to purify the blood
36. Clove is very useful when consumed by the diabetic patients as it lowers the blood sugar level.
37. It is a very good boosting agent for the immune system as it increases the resistance to diseases.
38. Clove oil is also used in cosmetic products (in creams and lotions) as it is very beneficial for the skin.
39. New trends have set in by adding clove in cigarettes.
40. It is also added in making soaps due to its characteristic aroma and antiseptic quality.
41. Clove is used in making perfumes.
42. It is also seen to be very helpful to the patients of viral hepatitis.
43. It promotes the enzymatic flow in the body.
44. It stimulates the saliva production as well as gastric secretion.
45. Clove tea kills the intestinal parasites and works equally good in killing bacterial and fungal infection.
46. Clove tea can be used to sanitize the hands.
47. It can be also used as a non toxic hard surface cleaner at home.
48. Itís good for women who suffer from vaginal yeast infection.
49. The clove oil is very effective in massage to relieve the stress.
50. For keeping dyed ace burns and brown hair fresh looking, clove tea can be used after shampoo colour rinse.
It is definitely a versatile spice, so easily accessible in every home with so many eye opening benefits.
Leaving you here to think about the pretty spice clove, I sign off the article to have a cup of clove tea.
Authorís profile- Ms. Neerja Bhatnagar is an environmentalist, a lecturer, a social worker, a classical dancer and a soft-skill trainer/ consultant. She is a recipient of various academics and literary accolades including Presidentís Gold Medal and Directors Silver Medals at university level. Travelling and good music are her passion. Presently she is engaged in pursuing an advanced diploma in counseling and guidance.