Bok Choy aka Chinese cabbage is a vegetable that is available all year long and not at all expensive. Itís a specific type of cabbage. This easily available and cheap vegetable should be on everyoneís menu. Besides being so easy to get it has some great health benefits as well. I ,Donnabelle would like to share some of these with you. The stalks and leaves of Chinese cabbage have quite different textures, so in culinary terms, it's like getting two vegetables for the price of one.
1. Chinese cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C
2. It is also a good source of Vitamin A.
3. It helps in the improvement of vision and proper growth of teeth.
4. In addition it is also a good source of Vitamin K, which helps facilitate the absorption of calcium and maintain bone density.
5. It plays a significant role in the coagulation of blood.
6. It has a very low calorie content.
7, Chinese cabbage also contains many minerals and it is rich in calcium and potassium.
8. It is a good source of sulfur and as we know Sulfur is one of the elements that increase body heat, so people with cold feet might want to include cabbage in their diet.
9. It helps in the cure of ulcers of the stomach.
10. It helps in the proper functioning of the immune system.
11. Cabbage is very effective in helping overcome constipation and is good for a sluggish intestinal tract.
12. It is also good for proper development of tissues and cells and is associated with lowering the risk of heart diseases.
13. It is a rich source of folate which helps in the formation of red blood cells.
14 It is a good source of beta-carotene which is known for its antioxidant properties and helps reduce the risks of many cancer. .
15. It helps in regulating blood pressure level.
16. It is also a good source of dietary fiber.
17. Chinese cabbage is fat-free and low in sodium.
18. This vegetable can also protect us against a number of ailments including heart diseases, cancer and muscular degeneration.
19.It also helps in treatment of skin disorders, eczema and jaundice.
20 .Chinese cabbage also protects against rheumatism, arthritis, gout and Alzheimer's disease.
You donít have to worry if itís the season or not .Chinese cabbage is the vegetable for all seasons and is affordable and can part of your menu. Tonight I know whatís on my menu "Stir fried Chinese cabbage". So off I go to indulge in this nutritious veggie.
Author's Profile: Donnabelle Philips having a BLA in psychology and music is a social worker/lay counselor ,trainer and event coordinator working with women who have been rescued from human trafficking and street children. She is passionate about her work and loves to see people develop and discover their identity and strengths and overcome their weaknesses and focus on positive living. Her quote of Life: We make a living by what we get ,We make a life by what we give.