Hi! This is Cassandra, presenting an article on Benefits of Cherry Tomatoe.
Cherry Tomatoe is considered as a vegetable.
Cherry Tomatoes are slightly smaller and sweeter than a normal tomatoe.
Since cherry tomatoes are very costly when bought from a grocery hence generally people grow them as they are easy to grow.
This vegetable is available throughout the year. It comes in a red and yellow color.
Tomatoes are not high in nutrients as other vegetables but they are the leader in Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
A medium tomatoe 120g contains about 23mg of Vitamin C.
The benefits of cherry tomatoes are:
1. Folate in tomatoes help reduce the risk of colon cancer.
2. Tomatoes also have riboflavin in them which are helpful in reducing the frequency of migraine attacks.
3. Chromium mineral which is present in the tomatoe helps diabetic patients keep their blood sugar levels under control.
4. Lycopene in tomatoes has been studied and found to be protective against list of cancers like colorectal, prostate, breast, endometrial, lung and pancreatic cancer.
5. Lycopene in the tomatoe also helps in protecting any heart disease.
6. Research also suggests that lycopene may aid blood pressure and bone health.
7. Tomatoes also have glycoalkaloids in them which helps in people having arthritis.
8. By consumption of cherry tomatoes regularly, the lycopene in them helps older people to stay active longer.
9. Also by consumption of cherry tomatoe regularly it helps in getting beautiful skin, gives the skin texture and color and provides a healthy glow.
10. Many impurities in our blood occur so to get rid of them start eating cherry tomatoes, it is a good blood purifier.
11. Tomatoe also helps in cases of congestion of the liver and protects your liver from cirrhosis as well as for dissolving gallstones.
12. It is also a natural antiseptic and helps to protect against infections.
13) Tomato juice can reduce the tendency towards blood clotting.
14) It can reverse impotence and increase the number of sperms.
15) Tomatoes are also effective to remove the acne.
16) It can treat indigestion, diarrhea, restore liver function and bile attacks.
17) Tomato also contains carbohydrates which when consumed regularly can be an additional source of energy for the body, stimulate the brain and muscles.
18) When breastfeeding, moms should eat tomato cause it increases the concentration of lycopene in their breast milk.
19) Tomatoes help in keeping your eyes healthy.
20) Potassium in tomatoes helps to control kidney stones.
Now that you have seen the benefits out of eating cherry tomatoes, I hope you will consider including them in your daily meal.
Remain Fit and Healthy!
Authors Brief Bio: Cassandra Barboza BA Graduate, loves Psychology and helping people find happiness in their lives. Presently doing her Advanced Diploma Course in Counselling, loves to travel and make friends.