HI! This is Cassandra and I am going to tell you about the benefits of Cauliflower.
Everybody is familiar with Cauliflower as a vegetable.
But did you know that by eating Cauliflower regularly, you are keeping your body healthy and keeping certain sickness at bay?
Before I tell you about the benefits of having Cauliflower let me give you a little history.
Cauliflower belongs to the Brassica Oleracea species of vegetables.
Orginally Cauliflower comes from Northwest Mediterranean region.
Cauliflower has a lot of nutritional value, below is the list: (100gms of raw cauliflower)
Carbohydrates : 5gm
Sugars : 2.4gm
Fat : 0gm
Protein : 2gm
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) : 0.057mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) : 0.063mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) : 0.53mg
Pantothenic acid (B5) : 0.65mg
Vitamin B6 : 0.22mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) : 57mg
Vitamin C : 46mg
Calcium : 22mg
Iron : 0.44mg
Magnesium : 15mg
Phosphorus : 44mg
Potassium : 300mg
Zinc : 0.28mg
The benefits of Cauliflower are:
1. The 'Allicin' chemcial present in the Cauliflower helps in maintaining a healthy heart.
2. It is also found to reduce the risk of strokes in heart patient's.
3. Vitamin C and Selenium which is present in the Cauliflower help to build your immune system.
4. It helps in maintaining the cholesterol level of the body by having regular consumptions of Cauliflower.
5. Cauliflower is rich in a nutrient called Folate. Folate helps in improving cell growth and tissue growth.
6. The fiber content in Cauliflower helps in improving colon health.
7. It also reduces the possibility of colon cancer.
8. During the recent research it was found that Cauliflower contains some phytochemcials, which help in reducing the risk of certain hereditory type cancers.
9. It is also an excellent liver and blood detoxifer because of the thiocyanates and glucosinolates present in the Cauliflower. They help in increasing the liver ability of not having an effect on toxic substances.
10. A regular intake of Cauliflower reduces the risk of prostrate cancer.
11. People searching for a low-carb diet should eat Cauliflower as it does not contain starch.
12. Regular consumption of Cauliflower helps patients with diseases like asthma, arthritis, kidney and bladder disorders, constipation and high blood pressure.
13. It is also found Cauliflower has a chemical called 'indole-3-carbinol' , which prevents the development of breast cancer because Cauliflower works as an anti-estrogen agent.
14) Cauliflower contains vitamin C and folate. Folate helps in the blood efforts more efficiently and is often suggested for preventing anemia.
15) In cauliflower there is a disease fighter known as photonutrient sulforphane. Toxins which normally damage the cells and turn cancerous, these are swept out by the sulforphane, preventing tumors before they begin.
16) Cauliflower also helps prevent Ovarian cancer.
17) It also improves your eyesight.
18) It helps to fight viral infections.
19) It also helps in protecting your body from colds and flu.
20) It helps in reducing depression.
I am positive after you have read all about the goodies Cauliflower holds, you will start including this beautiful vegetable in your everyday diet immediately.
Authors Brief Bio: Cassandra Barboza BA Graduate, loves Psychology and helping people to find happiness in their lives. Presently doing an Advanced Diploma Course in Counselling, loves travelling, making friends.