Hello, I Donnabelle would love to take you on a delicious expedition of a cantaloupe; the most popular form of melon. This soft, juicy and sweet fruit has a refreshing rich flavor and aroma. Itís color ranges from an orange yellow to a pinkish orange. It has minimal number of calories and thatís an important note to take down for all of you who are health conscious.
With that introduction, I now proceed to enumerate the Benefits of a Cantaloupe.
1.Cantaloupe is high in Vitamin A.
2.It is a great antioxidant.
3.It is also rich in vitamin c and one cup of it actually provides approximately 112% of the Vitamin C value.
4.It helps stimulate white cells that help fight infection.
5.Cantaloupe helps during pregnancy, as it is a good source of folic acid.
6.It helps relieve stomach gas.
7.It can be eaten to help get rid of constipation.
8. It protects our immune system from free radicals.
9. It helps prevent cancer.
10.It is beneficial for disorders of the kidneys and bladder.
11.It is a very good source of potassium.
12. It helps in stabilizing blood sugar.
13. It helps in protecting our eyes from muscular degeneration and cataracts.
14. It is a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
15. It helps in blood deficiencies.
16. It helps prevent coughs, cold and fever.
17.It is a good source of carbohydrates and proteins.
18.It helps prevent cell damage.
19.It also has high levels of Vitamin B complex B1, B3, B5 and B6.
20. If eaten on a regular basis it helps in slowing down the development of hardening of the arteries.
21. It calms anxieties and so is a great help to insomniacs.
22. For women it is recommended to take during menstruation as it helps in reducing blood clotting as well as reducing heavy flow.
So remember the next time you are out buying your groceries stop and get a cantaloupe as it can be your number one delicious healthy snack from now on ,or it can be dessert tonight for the family. And as you eat it keep in mind that you are giving your body a great healthy boost that it so needs.
Author's Profile: Donnabelle Philips having a BLA in psychology and music is a social worker/lay counselor ,trainer and event coordinator working with women who have been rescued from human trafficking and street children. She is passionate about her work and loves to see people develop and discover their strengths and overcome their weaknesses and focus on positive living. Her quote of Life: We make a living by what we get ,We make a life by what we give.