Hi friends this is Latika Bhojwani and in this article I have highlighted the Healing benefits of Black Tea based on my research. In this article I have not just highlighted benefits gained by drinking Black Tea but also those benefits gained by applying Black Tea on the Skin.
Tea is the most commonly consumed beverage in the world after water. Black tea doesn't mean tea without milk, and white tea doesn't mean tea with milk. There are different varieties of tea like red, white, oolong, green, herbal. All these teas come from one special plant, the ĎCamellia Sinensisí. The difference is the way the tea leaves are processed after picking. Green and white teas are hardly processed at all, whereas black tea is fully oxidized.
It is important to note that not all black teas are the same. The local conditions of the different tea-growing regions in the world determine the characteristics of different teas. The different tea types can be quite different from other types in their colour, flavour, body, and aroma. When it comes to black teas, the differences are noted from their names. These names are based on the different districts where the black tea can be found being grown in different countries. The major tea growing countries of the world have growing conditions that are high in elevation; countries like China, Japan, India, Sri Lanka, and East Africa.
The leaves of Camellia sinensis plant are dried and fermented, which gives the tea a darker color and richer flavor compared to other mentioned ones which do not undergo the fermentation process.
BENEFITS OF BLACK TEA:
1. Black tea contains antioxidants which prevent the damage caused by free radicals which can lead to numerous diseases.
2. Black tea helps in reducing the risk of heart attacks and strokes, by expanding the arteries, which increases blood flow to the heart.
3. The black tea can be used as a fight agent against cancer. Properties of the black tea slow down the growth of cancerous cells without destroying healthy cells.
4. Consuming black tea can help in burning saturated fat in the body and speed up metabolism. This makes it an ideal drink for those who are looking to lose weight, or who exercise regularly.
5. Black tea helps in reducing bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.
6. Black tea contains fluoride, which helps in prevention of tooth decay by strengthening tooth enamel.
7. For those people with diabetes, consumption of black tea can help in decreasing glucose levels, which can reduce the risk of cataracts, and other conditions brought about by diabetes.
8. The benefits of black tea are lessened when milk is added. So, in order to take complete advantage of the amazing health benefits of this tea, it's recommended to avoid intake of milk and sugar with black tea.
9. Drinking black tea speeds up our recovery from the daily stresses in life. Black tea seems to have a greater effect in bringing stress hormone levels back to normal. This has an important health implication, because slow recovery following acute stress has been associated with a greater risk of chronic illnesses such as coronary heart disease.
10. The amount of caffeine is lower in black tea than that found in coffee. This low amount promotes blood flow in the brain without resulting in the over stimulation of the heart. This caffeine in black tea also helps in sharpening mental performance and ability to concentrate.
11. Black tea also contains an abundant amount of tannins (astringent chemicals that helps to create proteins), which have a great soothing, anti-inflammatory effect on the digestive tract.
12. Black tea helps in relieving diarrhea by using black tea steep for a full fifteen minutes because this will release the maximum amount of tannins and preferably it should be consumed unsweetened.
13. There is another important element found in black tea is theophylline, which is a stimulant often used to help fight respiratory diseases such as asthma because it works to expand the airway, making breathing easier.
14. Theophylline, chemical also works to improve blood circulation. Consuming two cups of black tea everyday for three weeks it will work in opening up capillaries, increasing blood flow and helping to maintain normal blood pressure.
15. Black Tea Wipes out viruses. Black tea can neutralize germs, including some that cause pneumonia, cystitis and skin infections. While drinking black tea there are chances of wiping out viruses in the mouth.
16. When black tea is applied to the skin, its strong antioxidants along with vitamins E and C fight against the free radicals that can cause premature aging. Nowadays there are many anti aging creams and lotions that contain black tea extracts to help the skin look younger.
17. Black tea is an astringent that helps in fixing up puffy eyes and reducing dark circles. (Make two cups of tea as usual, using two teabags. Place the used bags in the fridge. When needed, simply lie down and place one teabag over each eye. Allow to remain for 10 to 20 minutes).
18. Black tea also helps in controlling blemish. Simply placing a warm teabag on it for several minutes. After sometime remove the bag, but donít rinse off the tea.
19. Black tea help in retaining moisture on lips retain moisture and makes them appear smooth , just by applying a warm teabag to clean lips for 5 minutes. Donít rinse.
20. Black tea also helps in relieving sunburn. For this Boil 2 cups of water, add 4 teabags, and steep for one hour. Refrigerate until cool. Soak a clean cloth or cotton ball with the cool tea and apply to the affected area, holding it in place for 15 minutes. Do not rinse. Repeat up to four times a day or just allow 5 or 6 teabags to steep in a tub of warm water. Soak it in the tub for 10 to 15 minutes.
21. To reduce the swelling and itching of many insect bites, just apply a cool used black teabag to the affected area for several minutes. It works as bug bite zapper.
22. Black tea helps in darkening hair color while it adds shine and pretty highlights. Simply brew two cups of strong tea and use to rinse damp shampooed hair. The main benefit of caffeine is that it blocks the DHT ((Dihydrotestosterone)) from causing the hair to shed.
23. The tannins in black tea help in fighting against the odor-causing bacteria. Simply soaking feet in strong black tea for several minutes, will make it soft and smooth and will also revitalize the cells.
Apart from gaining benefit by drinking black tea, we also came to know that it works as fabulous beauty aid. This article also highlighted the fascinating ways that can help us in looking and feeling more beautiful.
Drinking just 3-5 cups of black tea daily can bring about all these health benefits. Consumption of black tea can dramatically reduce risks of serious medical conditions.
So now that you are aware of such amazing benefits of this healthy beverage, then what are you waiting for? Just sip this great drink and make yourself healthier.
Precaution: Although black tea intake may offer certain health benefits, it's important to consult your doctor to determine which dose might be appropriate for you. In some individuals, high doses of caffeine may lead to a number of adverse effects (such as anxiety, increased heart rate and blood pressure, and the worsening of ulcer symptoms).
Hope this piece of information has been helpful to you in some or the other way.
Authorís Brief Bio- Latika Bhojwani, is a Post Graduate in Management with Major Specialization in Marketing and Minor in Finance, presently working as a Free Lancer in a Shipping Agency, also practicing as a Reiki Healer and Tarot Card Reader. Her favorite pastime activities include Crystal Healing/Readings, Hypnosis, Reading, Travelling, Exploring Gadgets.